100+ Positive Things to Say to Yourself for an Inspired Life
Published May 6, 2022
When we’re struggling with something, a kind word or gesture from a stranger can help a lot. But in times like this, your best cheerleader is none other than yourself.
I mean, our words are very powerful. The things you say to yourself can affect your life in ways you cannot imagine.
If you constantly belittle and say mean things to yourself, it will eventually destroy you. But if you constantly say inspiring and positive things to yourself, it will make your outlook in life so much better.
As Whitney Houston puts it succinctly: learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all. We cannot truly love and care for others if we won’t learn to love and care for ourselves first.
So if life is beating down on you, here are positive things to say to yourself:
- I love myself.
- I am proud of me.
- I am unique.
- I am a survivor.
- I am enough.
- I am special.
- I am amazing.
- I am blessed.
- I can change my life.
- I have the power to change someone else’s life.
- I fully accept and embrace myself, quirks and all.
- I can make a difference.
- I am loved.
- I choose to see the silver lining in every situation.
- I am so much more than what others think.
- Every day, I will choose kindness.
- Nothing and no one can drag me down.
- I am put here for a purpose.
- I am unstoppable.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I am capable of helping other people.
- I can and will do great things.
- I will not allow doubts to ruin my happiness.
- I will not allow other people’s opinions to affect my self-worth.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- I can’t control how people treat me but I can control how I react to them.
- I am ready to take on another day.
- I choose to focus on the big picture instead of worrying about the little things.
- I am smart and capable of making my own decisions.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I will remember that it is never too late to start chasing a dream.
- Every problem has a solution.
- I’m perfect just the way I am.
- Today is a beautiful day.
- I believe in myself.
- I choose to see the good in people every single day.
- I don’t need other people’s approval.
- I choose peace.
- I choose to let go of the hurts and move forward.
- Today, I choose to be brave.
- I am excited of the future.
- It’s okay to ask for help.
- Other people’s rejections do not determine my worth.
- I am where I need to be right now.
- I can handle this – one step at a time.
- I am human and I am bound to make mistakes.
- I deserve good things in life.
- There is more to life than this moment. This too shall pass.
- I choose not to compare myself to others.
- I am a child of God.
- Every day is another chance to be better.
- I choose to focus on the things I can control.
- Each challenge I face is an opportunity to grow.
- My opinions matter as much as everyone else’s.
- I choose to forgive myself.
- I choose to forgive other people.
- I can conquer my fears.
- I am grateful to be alive.
- I am stronger than my problems.
- I am capable of achieving my dreams.
- I am grateful for everything that I have.
- I will live a life well-lived.
- I am making great progress.
- I am responsible for my own happiness.
- I will not let jealousy and envy ruin myself and my relationships with people.
- I live by the mantra that difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
- Yesterday was a bad day, not a bad life. Today will be better.
- I have power over my emotions.
- I’ll take responsibility for my words and actions.
- I am open to criticisms and I will use them to make myself better.
- My words can hurt or heal someone. I choose the latter.
- I choose to keep my calm because it will get better someday.
- My past does not define my future.
- I choose to stay true to myself because I can’t please everyone.
- I’ll prioritize my mental health over keeping up with appearances.
- The future is full of possibilities.
- I don’t always have to be right. Life is a continuous learning process.
- I will use my voice to make the world a better place.
- I am willing and ready to help someone in need of help.
- I am stronger and braver than I thought I was.
- I will remember that there is always something to be thankful for.
- I will not let my fear stop me from moving forward.
- I won’t wait until tomorrow to start working on my dreams.
- I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.
- I will choose positivity over negative thoughts and people.
- I choose not to live in regret over things I did in the past. It’s a waste of time crying over spilled milk.
- I will remember that every mistake is an opportunity to learn.
- I choose empathy over judgment.
- I will try something new today.
- I choose to focus on what could go right instead of what could go wrong.
- If things don’t work out today, I’ll try again tomorrow.
- My feelings and emotions are temporary. I won’t let it get in the way of my reality.
- I release myself from anger, hatred, and bitterness.
- No matter how bleak things may seem, I choose hope.
- I am grateful for the people who love me despite my imperfections.
- Always remember that the best things in life are free.
- I will not let myself be a slave to material things.
- I’ll allow myself to take a break every once in a while.
- I am ready to fight my fears.
- I have a light in my soul that I can use to brighten other people’s day.
- The tides will soon turn in my favor.
- I will rise over my faults and imperfections.
Donate To The Poor & Homeless Of South Florida Online
Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen has fed the poor and homeless in South Florida over 900,000 hot meals since 1993. Our 501(c)(3) non profit organization also collects and distributes donations such as clothing, toiletries, shoes, bicycles, and more. You can donate to help the poor and homeless through our website.
About The Author
Judy Ponio is a professional writer and SEO specialist. She works hard to ensure her work uses accurate facts by cross checking reputable sources. She is the lead author for several prominent websites covering a variety of topics including law, health, nutrition, and more.
Correct Digital, Inc is paid by private donors to provide website digital marketing services to this non-profit organization.