30 Charity Bible Verses That Will Inspire You To Help Others
Published February 11, 2021
In most religions around the world, charity is a basic tenet. Since ancient times, society has always felt the need to help its most vulnerable members. For Christians, Christian charity is emphasized in bible verses from the old to the new testament.
You see, charity is not just about giving away old stuff and volunteering when you have the time. It’s a continuous effort to make life better for others, especially those who have less than you. No matter your financial situation right now, there’s always something you can do to ease other people’s suffering. That’s how charity should be. It’s not about what you can give but what you are willing to give.
If you want to know more about what charity means in the Christian faith, these charity bible verses are a good start:
- Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. – Hebrews 13:16
- Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed. – Proverbs 19:17
- Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. – 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? – Isaiah 58:7
- Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. – Matthew 6:2
- Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. – Luke 12:33
- In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ – Acts 20:35
- Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered. – Proverbs 21:13
- As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.” – Luke 21:1-4
- Let all that you do be done in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:14
- If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. – Isaiah 58:10
- Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:2
- If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? – 1 John 3:17
- But give as alms those things that are within, and behold, everything is clean for you. – Luke 11:41
- Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor. – Proverbs 22:9
- Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. – Proverbs 11:25
- Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor. – Deuteronomy 15:7-8
- We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. – Romans 15:1
- And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ – Matthew 25:40
- Those who give freely gain even more; others hold back what they owe, becoming even poorer. – Proverbs 11:24
- No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. – Matthew 6:24
- Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. – Matthew 20:28
- But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous. – Luke 14:13-14
- Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse. – Proverbs 28:27
- For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me. – Matthew 25:35
- Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” – Matthew 19:21
- The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these. – Mark 12:31
- They only asked us to remember the poor—the very thing I also was eager to do. – Galatians 2:10
- Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. –2 Corinthians 9:6
- For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ, we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. – Romans 12:4-8
Donate To The Poor & Homeless Of South Florida Online
Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen has fed the poor and homeless in South Florida over 900,000 hot meals since 1993. Our 501(c)(3) non profit organization also collects and distributes donations such as clothing, toiletries, shoes, bicycles, and more. You can donate to help the poor and homeless through our website.
About The Author
Judy Ponio is a professional writer and SEO specialist. She works hard to ensure her work uses accurate facts by cross checking reputable sources. She is the lead author for several prominent websites covering a variety of topics including law, health, nutrition, and more.
Correct Digital, Inc is paid by private donors to provide website digital marketing services to this non-profit organization.