70+ Words of Kindness You Should Use Everyday
Published June 12, 2023
They say that words are sharper than swords. It only takes a few simple words to lift someone up, but it also takes a few words to ruin someone’s life. In short, our words can make or break someone.
That’s why we must aspire to speak words of kindness to anyone we meet, every single day.
Kind words help us deepen our connections with one another. It encourages respect and plants seeds of empathy. It also promotes a peaceful resolution to any conflict and can rebuild broken relationships.
But what you may not realize is that speaking words of kindness not only makes the other person feel loved and appreciated. It also makes us, the speaker, feel good. When we choose to say kind words, even to the people who’ve hurt us, we’re choosing to free ourselves from all the hate, anger, and resentment. It’s a liberating feeling unlike any other.
If you want to start speaking with kindness starting today, here are some of the most powerful words of kindness you can say to someone:
Words of Kindness for a Friend
- Thank you for always being such a warm and caring friend.
- How lucky was I to cross paths with you?
- I am so blessed to have you in my life.
- I appreciate our friendship.
- I wouldn’t want to do this life without you. Thanks for being here.
- You’re such an amazing person and I am grateful for you.
- I wouldn’t know what to do without you.
- You matter so much to me.
- I’m so glad I get to be your friend.
- You make a difference. Thank you for being here.
- Sometimes on hard days, I like coming to you for positivity. Thanks for being such a ray of sunshine.
- You are more fun than anyone or anything I know, including bubble wrap.
- Everything seems brighter when you are around.
- Just wanted to send you a smile today.
- I believe in you! And unicorns. But mostly you!
- We’ve got friends for our happiest days and saddest moments. I hope you know I’m your friend now just as much as ever.
Kind Words for Someone Going Through a Rough Time
- I can’t imagine how you feel. But I can listen when you need to talk.
- I’m sorry you’re going through such a challenging time. I may not know exactly what you’re feeling, but I can assure you I will be here to help you figure it out.
- I am here to listen to anything you have to say.
- Even when you might not feel it, you’ve got the strength to get through.
- I know the past few days have been tough for you, but I’m so impressed with how you’re dealing with all of it. If there’s anything you need, I am here.
- Your pain is valid. I’m here if you need someone to listen.
- I know what you’re going through is hard, but I’m rooting for you every minute of every day.
- I know this won’t be easy, but I also know you’ve got what it takes to get through it.
- Stay strong and remember how many people care about you. (I’m one of them!)
- I hope you don’t feel alone as you go through this time. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you all the way.
- You are amazing for facing this with so much courage and hope.
- The next chapter of your life is gonna be so amazing.
- This is tough, but you’re tougher.
- Take everything one day at a time. And on the harder days, give me a call.
- No wise words or advice here. Just me. Thinking of you. Hoping for you. Wishing you better days ahead.
Kind Words to Compliment Someone
- You look great today.
- You are beautiful just as you are.
- You have the best sense of style.
- You give the best hugs.
- You just glow.
- That color looks perfect on you.
- You have such a kind heart and a caring personality.
- You are stunning.
- I love how you always bring out the best in people.
- You look so young!
- You are so smart.
- You are so creative.
- You give amazing advice.
- You are one of the strongest people I know.
- You just light up the room.
- You are one of the bravest people I know.
- I know that you will always have my back, because that is the kind of person you are.
Inspirational Words of Kindness
- I know you can do anything you put your mind to.
- I just want to remind you that you are enough.
- You are a gift to everyone in your life. Never forget that.
- Your ideas and opinions are important and they matter.
- Your effort and hard work never go unnoticed. I hope you know that.
- You make a bigger impact than you realize.
- Nothing can stop you.
- I am a better person because of you.
- It’s okay not to be okay.
- You are doing awesome!
- You are completely and unconditionally loved.
- Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress, which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
Words of Kindness for Children
- I am so proud of you.
- It’s okay to be sad, do you want to talk about it?
- Always remember that I believe in you.
- You’re going to be such a great (insert “what they want to be when they grow up” here) one day!
- That’s such a good idea, tell me more.
- It’s okay if you made a mistake. Mistakes are here to help us learn.
- I know school has been hard but I believe in you.
- I can tell you gave it your all.
- Do you need any support for your homework tonight?
- You make me float up like I’m on millions of bubbles.
- You may have lost the game, but you never gave up. That makes you a winner in my book.
- It’s okay to feel hurt, angry, scared, or however you’re feeling. It might seem impossible, but you won’t always feel the way you feel right now. Better days are just around the corner.
Donate To The Poor & Homeless Of South Florida
Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen has fed the poor and homeless in South Florida over 900,000 hot meals since 1993. Our tax deductible non profit organization also accepts and distributes donations such as clothing, toiletries, shoes, bicycles, and more. You can donate to help the poor and homeless through our website.
About The Author
Judy Ponio is a professional writer and devoted Christian. She has a passion for writing about topics related to morality and helping the poor and homeless. She is the lead author for the Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen blog.
Correct Digital, Inc is paid by private donors to provide website digital marketing services to this non-profit organization.