What You Need to Know About Thrift Store Donations
Published July 12, 2022
Need some motivational donation quotes for your fundraising event? We got you covered.
One of the biggest challenges of organizing a fundraising campaign is to get people on board. Don’t get me wrong. I’m pretty sure that most of us have that innate desire to help others. But actually doing something to bring that desire to fruition is another story. Some people think they don’t have enough money to donate while others are just so busy with their lives.
But as you know, helping others is not really about the money. It’s about making life more bearable for others. Mother Teresa didn’t have a lot of money when she first ventured out into the slums. What she has in abundance, instead, is a passion to make life better for those whom society has largely forgotten. She proved to the world that everyone can make a difference if they only care enough. And you need to help people realize that.
If you don’t know where to start, here are some inspiring donation quotes for your fundraising campaigns.
Donation Quotes to Inspire Charity
- The value of life is not in its duration but in its donation. You are not important because of how long you live, you are important because of how effective you live. – Myles Munroe
- It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. – Albert Einstein
- What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead. – Nelson Mandela
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. – Pablo Picasso
- Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth. – Mohammed Ali
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. – Mahatma Gandhi
- To give is to invest yourself in the life of someone else. – Anonymous
- The greatest use of a life is to spend it on something that will outlast it. – William James
- The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away. – Dorothy Day
- Love cannot remain by itself – it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action and that action is service. – Mother Teresa
- I think people forget that it doesn’t take a big donation to help someone, just a lot of little donations. – Hannah Teter
- Giving is an attitude. It is not dependent on the amount of money in your bank account. It’s a heart issue. – John Di Lemme
- If you want your checkbook to follow your heart, make a donation to those doing work you support. – Donna Brazile
- You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you. – John Bunyan
- No gift is ever a wasted effort as long as it’s given with your whole heart. – Anonymous
- Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away. – Elbert Hubbard
- What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other? – George Eliot
- The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own. – Lao Tzu
- Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see. – Mark Twain
- Help others without any reason and give without the expectation of receiving anything in return. – Roy T. Bennett
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. – Leo Buscaglia
(Related: 16 Ideal Gifts for Environmentalists)
Short Donation Quotes
- No one has ever become poor by giving. – Anne Frank
- For it is in giving that we receive. – St. Francis of Assisi
- Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. – Helen Keller
- It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving. – Mother Teresa
- Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give. – Ben Carson
- Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others. – Booker T. Washington
- It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. – Kahlil Gibran
- We can do no great things, only small things with great love. – Mother Teresa
- No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. – Charles Dickens
- It’s not the amount that matters but the meaning behind your donation. – Anonymous
- Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege. ― John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- The value of money isn’t what it can buy, but how many it can help. – Anonymous
- The manner of giving is worth more than the gift. – Pierre Corneille
- He who wished to secure the good of others, has already secured his own. – Confucius
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
- Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have. – Jim Rohn
- You cannot receive what you don’t give. Outflow determines inflow. – Eckhart Tolle
- As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way. – Mary Anne Radmacher
Quotes About the Joy of Giving
- Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Happiness can be the result, not of spending more money on oneself, but rather of giving money away to others. – Christian Smith
- Giving to those in need will bring more joy than money could ever buy. – Dave Ramsey
- Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver. – Barbara de Angelis
- I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver. – Maya Angelou
- It’s easier to take than to give. It’s nobler to give than to take. The thrill of taking lasts a day. The thrill of giving lasts a lifetime. – Joan Marques
Quotes About Giving and Making a Difference
- Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference. – Kathy Calvin
- We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in our hands to make a difference. – Nelson Mandela
- If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other’s lives better. – Will Smith
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
- I don’t think you ever stop giving. I really don’t. I think it’s an ongoing process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life. – Oprah Winfrey
- Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. – Barack Obama
- There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others. – Mandy Hale
- It is more rewarding to watch money change the world than to watch it accumulate. – Gloria Steinem
- It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference. – Tom Brokaw
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. – Mother Teresa
Donate To The Poor & Homeless Of South Florida
Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen has fed the poor and homeless in South Florida over 900,000 hot meals since 1993. Our tax deductible non profit organization also accepts and distributes donations such as clothing, toiletries, shoes, bicycles, and more. You can donate to help the poor and homeless through our website.
About The Author
Judy Ponio is a professional writer and devoted Christian. She has a passion for writing about topics related to morality and helping the poor and homeless. She is the lead author for the Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen blog.
Correct Digital, Inc is paid by private donors to provide website digital marketing services to this non-profit organization.