35 Quotes That Will Inspire You to Stay Positive
Published February 4, 2021
I remember a story about a king who cannot sleep thinking about his problems. He invited wise men from far and wide but they just can’t give him a solution to his dilemma. Then one day, a wise man came and told him one thing that changed his perspective. He told the king that “this too shall pass”. In that simple phrase, the king found the answer and he was finally able to sleep.
You see, life is a matter of perspective. You can choose to wallow in misery or look at the brighter side. A cup filled with water will always be half-full or half-empty depending on your perspective. This is what the king realized when he heard those words. He can choose to worry about his problems or look for the silver lining.
We may not all be kings who have wise men at our beck and call but we can certainly relate to his predicament. There are times in our lives where it feels like all the forces in the universe conspire to give us misery. It is in these times that we feel like giving up is our only option.
But as the wise man said, this too shall pass. Whatever is weighing you down right now, that too will pass. Each of us has our own troubles to deal with. But what sets happy people apart is their perspective. They choose to stay positive despite everything they’re going through. They choose to smile and hope. And that made all the difference.
If you’re at a low point in your life right now, these stay positive quotes will change your perspective:
- Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. – Dalai Lama
- You cannot change reality, but you can control the manner in which you look at things. Your attitude is under your own control. Weed out the negative and focus on the positive! – Helen Steiner Rice
- Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own sunshine. – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- Don’t complain but compliment. Don’t compete but empower. – Debasish Mridha
- The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible. – Winston Churchill
- Whoever is happy will make others happy too. – Anne Frank
- Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
- Say something positive, and you’ll see something positive. – Jim Thompson
- Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you. – Mary Lou Retton
- The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have. – Yiddish Proverb
- Good things happen in your life when you surround yourself with positive people. – Roy T. Benett
- Only in the darkness can you see the stars – Martin Luther King Jr.
- My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. – Jack Layton
- If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles. – Widad Akrawi
- An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of superior personality. – Brian Tracy
- No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world. – Robin Williams
- Each day provides its own gifts. – Marcus Aurelius
- There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly. – Buckminster Fuller
- What we think, we become. – Buddha
- You do not find the happy life. You make it. – Thomas S. Monson
- Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. – Roald Dahl
- We may not have hit the peak yet, but we are on the journey up. – Brian Nhira
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
- The most wasted of days is one without laughter. – E.E. Cummings
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
- Tough times never last but tough people do. – Robert Schuller
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
- All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
- Today is a good day to try. – Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- The joy of life is becoming a person you are proud of. – Bill Orender
- Make a determination that you will live your purpose today. – Daniel Budzinski
- Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life. – Omar Khyyam
- Sometimes, when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place. – Mark Alan Williams
- If you can stay positive in a negative situation, you win. – Anonymous
- Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. – Zig Ziglar
About The Author
Judy Ponio is a full time blogger and is devoted to topics about charity, kindness, and Christianity. She is part of Correct Digital, Inc which is paid by private donors to provide website digital marketing services to this non-profit organization.