50+ Quotes on Mindfulness to Help You Be More Present
Published January 17, 2023
In a world where almost everything can be done in an instant, sitting down and doing nothing seems to have become a luxury. We’ve become so focused on surviving in a fast-paced world that we tend to lose our connection to ourselves and the people around us.
That’s why practicing mindfulness is such a necessity nowadays. In the dictionary, mindfulness is defined as a mental state achieved by focusing our awareness on the present moment while calmly acknowledging and accepting our feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations.
In essence, practicing mindfulness not only calms the mind. It also allows you to communicate with yourself and acknowledge the thoughts and emotions that you’ve been trying to ignore. In the process, you learn to make peace with yourself and be more grateful for everything that you have.
Focusing on the present moment also helps us let go of the niggling worries and anxieties at the back of our minds. That’s why, when used in therapy, mindfulness can help reduce stress and anxiety, ease depression, improve cognitive function, and build better relationships.
So if you’re ready to start your mindfulness journey, these mindfulness quotes may help.
Inspirational Quotes About Mindfulness
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, and concentrate the mind on the present moment. – Buddha
- The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness. Mindfulness means being awake. – Jon Kaba Zinn
- To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid. – Unknown
- When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another – and ourselves. – Jack Kornfield
- Open the window of your mind. Allow the fresh air, new lights and new truths to enter. – Amit Ray
- Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, melting like a snowflake. – Francis Bacon Sr.
- What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now. – Buddha
- Many people are alive but don’t touch the miracle of being alive. – Thích Nhất Hạnh
- If you’re determined to think of yourself as limited, fearful, vulnerable, or scarred by past experience, know only that you have chosen to do so. The opportunity to experience yourself differently is always available. – Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- When you focus on what works for you and what doesn’t, you step out of that comparison cycle and spiral into your real, beautiful life. – Robyn Conley Downs
- With awareness, we can make conscious choices instead of letting our habitual thoughts and patterns run the show. – Tamara Levitt
- Be where you are, otherwise, you will miss your life. – Buddha
- Step outside for a while – calm your mind. It is better to hug a tree than to bang your head against a wall continually. – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- Mindfulness isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it. – Sharon Salzberg
- The art of peaceful living comes down to living compassionately & wisely. – Allan Lokos
- If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath. – Amit Ray
- The Way is not in the sky, the Way is in the heart. – Buddha
- Do every act of your life as though it were the very last act of your life. – Marcus Aurelius
- In today’s rush, we all think too much–seek too much–want too much–and forget about the joy of just being. – Eckhart Tolle
Quotes About the Beauty of Mindfulness
- Every time we become aware of a thought, as opposed to being lost in a thought, we experience that opening of the mind. – Joseph Goldstein
- Mindfulness helps us to live in harmony with our thoughts, words, and actions. – Amit Ray
- Pause practice creates an open doorway to the sacredness of the place in which you find yourself. – Perma Chodron
- Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally. – Jon Kabat Zinn
- Our life is shaped by our mind, for we become what we think. – Buddha
- Mindfulness clears the windshield of the mind so that we can see things as they really are – Travis Eliot
- The present moment is the only time over which we have dominion. – Thích Nhất Hạnh
- The things that matter most in our lives are not fantastic or grand. They are moments when we touch one another. – Jack Kornfield
- Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already. – Perma Chodron
- Every time we ponder a thought, act on an impulse, or dwell on a desire, we are setting in motion a cause that will have a future effect. Mindfulness enables us to choose wisely. – Tamara Levitt
- What would it be like if I could accept life – accept this moment – exactly as it is? – Tara Brach
- Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance. – Amit Ray
- Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience. It isn’t more complicated than that. It is opening to or receiving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is, without either clinging to it or rejecting it. – Sylvia Boorstein
Mindfulness Quotes for Work
- This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play. – Alan Watts
- Work hard in silence. Let your success be your noise. – Frank Ocean
- It takes courage to say yes to rest and play, in a culture where exhaustion is seen as a symbol status. – Brene Brown
- The feeling that any task is a nuisance will soon disappear if it is done in mindfulness. – Thích Nhất Hạnh
- When you’re feeling frazzled, put all of your attention on the breath. It’s a portal into the present moment, the best remedy for stress. – Ellen Barrett
- Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes … including you. – Anne Lamott
Short Mindfulness Quotes
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. – Buddha
- The perfect moment is this one. – Jon Kabat Zinn
- That’s life: starting over, one breath at a time. – Sharon Salzberg
- You cannot control the results, only your actions. – Allan Lokos
- How you look at it is pretty much how you’ll see it. – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- We cannot force the development of mindfulness. – Allan Lokos
- You only lose what you cling to. – Buddha
- A mind set in its ways is wasted. – Eric Schmidt
- The stiller you are the calmer life is. – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- Don’t let life harden your heart. – Pema Chödrön
- Paradise is not a place; it’s a state of consciousness. – Sri Chinmoy
- Forever is composed of nows. – Emily Dickinson
Funny Mindfulness Quotes
- If you’re too open-minded, your brain will fall out. – Unknown
- A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. – Frank Zappa
- Worrying is stupid. It’s like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain. – Whiz Kalifa
- It may look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head, I’m quite busy. – Unknown
Donate To The Poor & Homeless Of South Florida
Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen has fed the poor and homeless in South Florida over 900,000 hot meals since 1993. Our tax deductible non profit organization also accepts and distributes donations such as clothing, toiletries, shoes, bicycles, and more. You can donate to help the poor and homeless through our website.
About The Author
Judy Ponio is a professional writer and devoted Christian. She has a passion for writing about topics related to morality and helping the poor and homeless. She is the lead author for the Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen blog.
Correct Digital, Inc is paid by private donors to provide website digital marketing services to this non-profit organization.